Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

So it's January 1, 2013, and I'm excited for the possibilities this year will bring.  I'm NOT looking forward to the pending doom known as the WV bar exam, but I am hopeful that this is my time to finally pass.  I'm a huge believer that things happen in your life for a specific reason, and even though I do not know exactly why, my past failed bar attempts were meant to happen.  Even though I would have loved working the last almost five years, by staying home with my kids during the youngest part of their lives has given me an incredible bond with them, that I wouldn't trade for the world.  But, in being completely honest, I miss working, they are kind of tired of me, and all of us want to move onto new things.  Andre loves his preschool and is devastated when I pick him up each day, Brynn wants to go to preschool, but can't because we can't afford two in preschool on just my husband's salary.  All of the kids would like to be involved in more activities, but right now we can't do that either because of money issues, so hopefully once the bar occurs I will be able to find a job right away and then everyone will be a lot happier for it.  Right now studying is going alright, I am not as far in the outlining program as I wanted to be at this point (I was supposed to be done completely by Jan.1), but I only have three subjects left and I am hopeful I can knock two of them out tonight.  Right now I am going to be getting up early every day to do some MBE questions, so I can get that done even though I'm not done outlining yet, and I'm hopeful that my outlining will be complete by the end of this weekend. I have resolved to sleep very little since I cannot get as much studying done during the day as most bar takers, and hoping my sleep deprivation pays off in the end since I am in the last two months of preparations.  I just hope it goes well this time.  I have put myself in a better mindset and am telling myself that there is no other option than passing this time.  Hopefully a little can-do attitude will go a long way and I can get this test knocked out.  I am tired of taking the darn thing and I would love to have something to show for going to school for an obscene amount of time (not to mention to my obscene amount of student loan debt at this time).  So with a new year I have a new found optimism that will carry me through the next two months of hell that I get to put myself through.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment