Monday, April 29, 2013

So, during the past few months I have found out many things about myself.  I am very good with my kids, very good at juggling responsibilities, but horrible at keeping up with blogs and passing bar exams.  I'm also horrible at getting interviews and finding employment, but that could be more a geographical problem than a me problem.  So I found out that I did not pass the February Bar exam (upsetting to say the least), but I did learn more and retained more information for this try than I have in the past.  I was going to try again in July with all the freshly graduated law students, but we will be traveling back and forth from VA to GA for a personal issue this summer, so I won't have the time to study.  I am signed up for February 2014 WV bar exam, so hopefully that is a luckier year for me than 2013 has been so far. 

I am still diligently trying to get employed.  So far I haven't gotten even an interview to any of the jobs I have applied to, but I'm hoping with persistence the right opportunity will open up. In the meantime I am working on reading for pleasure a little bit, and working on getting as much legal information into my head as possible.  I have also gotten to catch up on my Vampire Diaries and watch my wonderful Game of Thrones :) I have even become a fresh addict to Downton Abbey (for anyone who hasn't seen it, it is a fabulous show) and have rekindled my love for PBS.  

For now I am trying to run after the kiddos with all of our spring/summer activities, lick my wounds from not being good enough (again), and enjoy becoming a member of the dirty thirties in two weeks when my 30th birthday comes :) At least this year we are going to Disney two weeks after my birthday, and as a Disney addict, I am super excited for this trip! It's the second trip for me, my husband, and Riley, but the first trip for our two youngest.  We are so excited to see their eyes light up when we go into the Magic Kingdom for the first time! Until then, I will get through the last weeks of school work, baseball, gymnastics, and errand running until we are able to leave to go see a mouse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment